Friday, October 29, 2010

Loiuse

Louise is a woman that Billie Jo's father met at night school.

"She told me she knew Daddy and I had a history before her, and she wished she's been there for the whole thing, but she wasnt't and there wasn't anything to do but to get over it and get on...I didn't intend to but I liked her, because she was so plain and honest...and even though I didn't know if there was room for her in me, I could see there was room for her in Daddy...The thing about Louise, I'll just have to watch how things go and hope she doesn't crowd me out of Daddy's life, not now, when I am just finding my way back into it." Autumn 1935 Pages 213-214

As much as Billie Jo likes Louise, she's still nervous that Louise will run her out of her father's life. Even though Billie Jo says that she doesn't know if she could let Louise in, the fact that she likes Louise says that she's at least willing to try. Billie Jo's father is also starting to move on. He allowed himself to let someone in. Even Billie Jo was able to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment